After 5 years running the Teacher-the-Teacher program on the 5 primary and 1 secondary school in Yele, the team in Yele decided that it is time to say goodbye to EducAid, the NGO that executed the program. The headteachers and the schoolboard find themselves capable enough to run this program by themselves and even add 9 primary schools and 2 secondary schools in Yele to the program. They assigned 2 schoolmentors who are going to run manage the project and on regular basis University teachers and government official will be added to the program to keep the quality on the current high level education.
Together with the local community we transformed the program into the ‘Yele Education Hub for Excellence’. as that will not only be education / preparation for national exams but also Agriculture education and family education.
The goals of the program will be;
A. Improvement of educational quality.
B. Renovation and expansion classrooms.
C. Increase food security Yele.
The project is split into several programs that will be implemented over a period of 3 years. To realize this project, we have signed a 3-year agreement with Wilde Ganzen whereby every donated € 1.00 is converted into € 1.50 by Wilde Ganzen and allocated to the project
Project 2023-2024 – Step two of the Digital Education Journey
This project will be based on the successfully completed project in 2022/2023. The aim of this project is to further expand computer education and to further connect several schools in Yele to the program of educational improvements.
A. Improving the quality of education
Increasing the quality of education at 16 schools by:
- Training of teachers, especially the Village Teachers, in:
- Pedagogical skills
- Didactic skills, especially math and language skills
- Refraining from corporal punishment in the classroom
- Training for teachers, students and parents about the importance of education and the importance of gender equality
- Implementation of the ‘Family Life Education Program’, a comprehensive sex education program for secondary schools, aimed at strengthening the position of girls
- Expansion of computer education introduced in 2022
B. Renovation and expansion of classrooms
- Construction of three classrooms, including a computer lab for the secondary school
- Renovation and expansion of two primary schools
C. Increasing food security Yele.
- Make students enthusiastic about and learn about small-scale agriculture
- Planting trees and preventing deforestation
- Increasing the availability of agricultural products in Yele
- Providing school meals for the students
Project 2024-2025 – The third step in the Digital Education Journey
This project will be based on the successfully completed project in 2023/2024. The aim of this project is also to provide the more remote schools with computer education. We also want to promote access to the Internet.
A. Two Cluster mentor for all the 16 schools
During the past years the cluster mentor has proven its worth and in consultation with students, teachers and board we want to continue this activity because the cluster mentor ensures that the taught study guidelines are followed correctly and new teachers receive the same teaching methodologies that in the Teach -The-Teacher program are taught.
B. Expansion of internet facilities for secondary schools so that permanent use can be made of the internet in computer labs.
At the moment, Wi-Fi boxes are used that are mobile, but have a relatively small capacity. New developments make it possible to use either satellite connections or a direct fixed connection to one of the internet providers.